Sunday, April 27, 2008

CeLebraTions..

Last Thursday, 24th April 2008, was my CG leader, Carol's birthday. Vera, invited us out for a treat to celebrate her birthday. After studying for my French Language paper for the past few days after my first paper on Monday, I decided to take a short break for dinner to celebrate Carol's birthday. We went to Sushi King, Section 14. Cool.. my first time there.. Haha.. :) Thanks Vera:)


Me and Carol.. :)


A b'day toast:) Vera, Carol and I
I had my Bahasa Perancis (Peringkat 1) exam the next day in the afternoon. Thank you Vera for your sms prayer at that time when I was nervous and tensed before an examination. Could even feel the butterflies in my stomach. And the prayer calmed me down and helped me to be focused. The paper went well and I learnt to submit it all to the Lord.

That night, I went for my church CG. The Word session from Elie's sharing with reference to Genesis 25:29-34 kept me thinking on my destiny in God. Points to ponder upon:

i) Know who our 'Shepherd' is: deepening a strong and close relationship with Him through our quiet time,

ii) Each one of us have a God-given destiny designed for us personally. Don't trade your destiny for something else which seems better at that temporal moment of our lives,

iii) Are we often the 'voice of the distractor' to our friends leading them in the wrong way, or Are we the ones who guide people whom God has caused to cross our paths into the right path in life?

I thank the Lord that wherever He puts me, He has blessed me with wonderful friends, brothers and sisters in Christ to hold me through this journey in life. I thank Him for His assurance and always being there for me, my best Friend whom I know I can always turn to Him and He's there to answer. For He holds my world, and I put my trust in Him alone, a loving Father who would give the very best for His children.

We celebrated Carol's birthday as a CG before we end the session.

Blessed b'day, Carol :)


Make a wish.. :)

No comments: